Here is an easy to do Thanksgiving decor idea:
I made a few of these over the weekend to experiment with the idea and I’ll definitely be making more!
- Clay Pots (I got mine from JoAnnes)
- Black Spray Paint
- Black Chalkboard Paint
- Yellow felt for buckle (or yellow construction paper)
- White Ribbon (or even white paper strips would work)
- Chalk (to write names on when finished
- Craft Glue
- Spray paint your pots black.
(The above pic is from halfway through spray painting the pots)
2. Use your chalkboard paint and go over the top part with this paint (where ever you think you’ll write the person’s name). Follow directions on your chalkboard paint bottle, most require at least two coats and a wait time of 24 hours before you write on it.
3. While waiting for your paint to dry, cut out a square out of your yellow felt, and a smaller square in the middle.
4. Measure your ribbon length to go around your pot.
5. Glue on your ribbon and yellow buckle! I used hot glue, but I recommend craft glue, as my hot glue didn’t work so well under the ribbon.
6. Write your names on the pot and now you have some cute place cards for your Thanksgiving dinner table!
I was also thinking these would look cute just as a decoration in the mean time, so I wrote my three kids names on these ones and have them on my mantle for now!