A long time ago I saw a picture in a magazine of bird decor for a child’s room. I would love to give the magazine credit, so if you know where it was, let me know!
It was well over $100.
No chance I was going to purchase that, especially when I could do it myself!
Here is what you can create TODAY in a few easy steps!
If you can’t tell from the picture, the tree branch is not flat…it’s 3-dimensional.
Here’s how you can do it:
1) Go on a walk in a place that has some tree branches. Note: If you have kids, this can be fun or not such an easy step! Good luck with that!
2) Pick a branch that goes off in different directions and one that you think would be a good size and shape for your wall. (I am not advocating the destruction of trees, but if it looks like that tree might benefit from a little tree trimming…….I’m just sayin’).
3) Go to your local craft store and pick up a bird feeder and some little birds that match your color scheme! I got mine at Joann Fabrics. The birds have little clips on their feet. This made it easy to just clip them onto the twigs I wanted them to “perch” on.
4) Hang it up! This might be the most tricky part (besides the walk with your kids). I used some thin nails and went straight through the branch at the thick parts and then put a few nails for some of the twigs to rest on. I nestled the bird house in a place I thought it would sit the best and put a nail in the wall directly above it. I then wrapped the string that comes out the top of the bird house around that nail.
5) Clip your birds on the twigs of your choice and you’re done!
The total cost of this project was under $10!
(Make sure to post your projects or link back to my blog when you use this idea)